Date: Wednesday, April 18th, 2018
Time: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM in Central Time (US and Canada)
As a tradition, TESIS (ТЕСИС) Group is welcoming the spring by the Engineering Systems 2018 and FlowVision Users Conference 2018, to be held in Moscow on 10th April.
The event will take place at the Radisson Slavyanskaya Hotel, Moscow. During the meeting, academic and industrial users will be joining together to discuss how the latest advancements in simulation technology are changing the engineering design aspects, improving and accelerating the product development cycles.
DHIO Research, the representative of Capvidia/TESIS in India, organized Advanced CFD Turbomachinery Application Workshop including case studies related to Moving Body Technology, rotating Turbomachines and their parts.
Workshop contents are as follows;
1-Torque & Power Calculations
2-Axial & Centrifugal Machines
3-Fans & Compressors
4-Hydraulic & Wind Turbines
5-MRF, Sliding Mesh and Moving Body
6-Pre-Defined & Fluid Induced Rotations
This release improves stability of the software. Some issues were fixed related to the gap model and the free surface model.
- The Implicit new computational scheme is now renamed as Implicit, and the former Implicit scheme has
New features in Solver
The following new settings were added to the Advanced settings of Solver:
- The Matrix Solver, which can be used for computations in the Chemistry mass transfer model. Matrix Solver provides more stable development of solution at CFL>1 in simulations with large number of components (Substances) and large number of chemical reactions.
- The Skew scheme, which computes convective flows on faces of cells with taking into account the mass flow through edges of the cells. Use of Skew scheme essentially reduces the scheme diffusion for flows that substantially deviate from directions of Cartesian axes (that are particularly vortex-like flows). Meantime Skew scheme is being beta-tested, please inform
- When an Adaptation is created, if the Region has only one computational Subregion, this Subregion will automatically be added to conditions of the adaptation.
- Now it is not possible to connect from Pre-Postprocessor or Viewer to a Solver with another version
number. This protects user's data from damage if a module with incorrect version number was launched.
If you have support acces, you can download release after authorization: resources and files.
Taipei, Taiwan - Capvidia/TESIS and Samwell Testing Inc., the representative of Capvidia/TESIS in Taiwan, organized and hosted a FlowVision Regional Taiwan User Conference in GIS TAIPEI TECH Convention Center. Mr. Tomasz Luniewski, Capvidia CEO and Founder, and Dr. Andrey Aksenov, TESIS CTO, took part in this conference.
“Capvidia attends SIMULIA Benelux RUM at Eindhoven during 23-24 November 2017. Wojtek Zietak, Service & Support Executive at Capvidia, will be presenting "Fluid Structure Interaction in a Beating Human Heart Model" which mainly consists of coupled FSI simulations tasks realized for the Living Heart Project leaded by Dassault Systèmes
About SIMULIA Benelux RUM
On the 5th of October 2017, We made Bio-FSI Webinar with Dr. Deepanshu Sodhani at RWTH Aachen University. Thanks again to all audience for their time and Deepanshu Sodhani the cheerful presentation... For detailed information about the Project, you can view Project website.
The new release includes many changes that were implemented into the program as a feedback to 30 requests from users. So we hope that FlowVision 3.10.01 will be more user-friendly.
Here are just some of the requested changes in the program:
- Captions (legends) for palettes
- The boundary condition, which allows you to set a fixed profile of velocities
- Controls for customized displaying plots in the monitor window
- The status tab now contains additional fields: number of cells of the boundary layer grid, values of convective and surface of the time step, etc.
- Now you don’t have to install MPI if use of FlowVision is assumed to be used only on one processor.
- Now it is possible to visualize streamline on surfaces.
- You have to do much less mouse clicks when working with Terminal.
- New variables have been added, Reference Pressure and Reference Temperature.
- A new layer, Computational grid section, now can be displayed by the Viewer module.
Capvidia participated in the 10th International Conference on Compressors and their Systems between 11th and 13th September 2017 hosted by City, University of London.
This year’s Conference, as usual, caught remarkable attention from in international audience of compressors, expanders and their systems manufacturers, equipment suppliers, simulation software vendors, users and research organizations.
Capvidia participated in the 3rd annual Living Heart Project Members’ Meeting held in 15th May 2017, Washington DC, USA organized by Dassault Systemes.
The Members’ Meeting provided a platform to connect members, share perspectives, challenges and goals, and identify complimentary approaches and technologies. Thanks to the attendance of a wide audience including distinguished speakers from US Food and Drug Administration and leading institutions such as West Virginia University Cardiac Innovation Heart and Vascular Institute, the event served as a leading forum for illustrating and setting the translational course for Cardiovascular Care through advanced simulation technologies.
May 15 – 18, 2017, Chicago, IL – Capvidia participated as an active sponsor of the Simulation Community Conference “Science in the Age of Experience 2017” organized by Dassault Systemes SIMULIA.
Presentations covering simulations performed by Abaqus – FlowVision FSI approach:
- Fluid Structure Interaction in a Beating Human Heart (Capvidia NV & 3DS SIMULIA)
- FlowVision & Abaqus 2-Way Strongly Coupled FSI Simulation of Automobile Tire Aquaplaning (KENDA Rubber Ind. Co. Ltd. & Samwell Testing Co. Ltd.)
May 9 – 12, 2017, İstanbul – AKANA Mühendislik, Capvidia business partner and FlowVision CFD software representative in Turkey, participated at IDEF’17.
During the fair; Akana stand (#1408) has been open to visitors in Hall 14. An international community of design and simulation engineers from various defence companies have visited the stand for gaining insights about unique capabilities of FlowVision CFD software and its applications, mainly in the defence industry.