About the technical support service
The technical support is a paid service. But if you had faced the FlowVusion`s error, please, text to technical support.
Technical support allows you to:
- download and use updates of FlowVision
- consult with qualified experts if errors in the FlowVision software complex were found.
Engineers from the technical support service will analyze errors in the program and, when possible, help you to use a workaround, which allows you to continue the work until a new version is released where the error is fixed.
The technical support service also support the communication between users and developers. Send to us your wishes and suggestions concerning improvements of user interface, operation and expanding the program's functionality.
Responsibility of the technical support service does NOT include:
- development of methodology of solving your computational problem
- analysis of the quality of the formulation of your computational problem
- other consultations relating to the formulation of your computational problem
- solving your computational problem
Contacts of the technical support service
The preferred kind of communication is e-mail, because transfer of big amounts of data is not effective when you contact us by the telephone.
How your requests are processed in the technical support service
When a user sends an email to the technical support service, his message goes into an automated ticket request system - OTRS. Immediately after your email comes into the system, an answer on it will be sent informing you that your mail has been received and it is being processed.
If you didn't receive an answer on your email within 30 minutes, this means that your email might be not delivered to the technical support. In such situation make a telephone call and ask about the status of your request.
After this automatic answer is sent, an engineer of the technical support service will contact you usually within a day and will tell you a decision or ask additional questions for better diagnostics.
During further communication do not change subject of the email received from the technical support service engineer. If you wish to create a new request, which has no concern to the previously asked request, send an email with different subject (do not include the new request into communication concerning to another request).
How to reduce the time required for fixing the error
Unfortunately, many requests to the technical support service appear mostly because of incorrect use of the FlowVision software complex. Your preliminary analysis of the problem would help to substantially reduce the time required to fix the error.
So, before your request to the technical support service, please follow these steps:
If the error relates to a specific computational project or to Solver:
- Make sure that your setting of the computational problem corresponds to the domain of applicability of mathematical models and numerical methods implemented in FlowVision. Domains of applicability of models (for example, the gap model or model of the boundary condition Inlet/Outlet), if they are limited, are described in chapter Theory. When you use such commonly used physical abstractions as perfect gas, ideal liquid, etc., then you should follow limitations, which are based on these physical abstractions.
- Make sure that your geometry model conforms to system requirements of FlowVision.
- If correction of the found defects did not fix the error, provide the technical support service with:
- log and err-files from the server part of the project
- client part of the project
- detailed description of the error
If the error consists of unsatisfactory accuracy of the computation:
- Research the convergence of the solution by the computational grid.
- Make sure that distance to boundary conditions does no influence on the solution.
- Research the convergence depending the time step.
- If removing the found defects did not fix the error, then provide the technical support service with:
- description of your research of the convergence of the solution by the computational grid including illustration of dependency of the key characteristics from the size of the computational grid and detailed description or illustration of examined computational grids
- description of your research of the convergence by the time step including illustration of dependency of the key characteristics from the time step
- client part of the project
- information about the reference data, which does not comply to the FlowVision results (quotation from scientific works along with references on the works, or detailed description of the experiment and its results including accuracy evaluation)
If the error is connected with work of Solver, Pre-Postprocessor, License Manager, Solver-Agent, or other module and does not depend on the project:
- Turn on the DebugLog parameter for the module, which relates to the error.
- Restart the module.
- Reproduce the error.
- Create a diagnostics archive.
- Send this diagnostics archive to the technical support service.
- Send to the technical support service a detailed description of your actions, that cause the error. It is necessary that you inform the technical support service about the module(s), which relates to your actions on each step.
- Send to the technical support service the exact texts of error messages or (which is preferable) screenshots of the error messages. Specify a software module, which generates the error message.
- Examine all required log files of the software complex
- Try to find information about fixing the error in the user manual, in the section "Frequently asked questions" or in the blog of technical support team.
- Always specify the exact version of the program including the version number and the build date.
First experience of working with FlowVision
The technical support service has no enough resources to teach users to work with FlowVision, so education is a separate service. You can contact your sales manager to discuss providing this service to you.
The most effective way of quality and quick learn (or remember) many useful functions, is sequential, project after project, solving all exercises from our tutorial, which is included with the distributive pack of FlowVision. Even if you don't plan to solve the computational problems relating to some model, we recommend you to solve all exercises from the tutorial, as they can illustrate various useful and convenient universal functionality.